Lady Gaga defends Her Student-Fans


Lady Gaga Defends Students Wearing a Gaga-Themed Shirt
This one looks like it's headed straight for the Supreme Court, since it sounds like one helluva of First Amendment violation. A Tennessee teen was sent home from Greenbrier High School to change his shirt, which sported the phrase, "I Heart Lady Gay Gay." The school's brass felt the shirt would cause a disruption among other students with its supposedly inflammatory statement.

The student, Cole Goforth, was asked to go forth and make a tee change and the teen's mom claimed that the school was in violation of the First Amendment with its request. When word of the incident made it back to Gaga, she tweeted: "Thank u for wearing your tee-shirt proud at school, you make me so proud, at the monsterball, you are an inspiration to us all. I love you." She also tweeted, "Been in the studio for days and hours of record after record, and when I hear that a little monster was discriminated against by teachers…It reminds me of my commitment + love for u, and the deep unconditional devotion I feel to write music that will deliberate you from prejudice." She also wrote, "I love you Cole, you just be yourself. You’re perfect the way God made you."

Looks like wearing a t-shirt can get you a direct message from the reigning queen of pop music. If I were you, I'd wear as many incensing t-shirts as possible so that it could be a conduit with which you can communicate with your favorite musician!

No comments:

Post a Comment