Lady Gaga shows off her past in Oprah Show

Lady Gaga with her Dad in her younger days.

Before she became famous....

At Oprah...

Outrageous singer shows off family snaps on Oprah
She is now famous for wearing crazy outfits and performing controversial routines.

But back in the day, Lady Gaga was just a normal little girl with a big dream.

In an interview broadcast on The Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday, Gaga showed off some family snaps which prove she once lived a relatively ordinary existence.
Gaga, born Stefani Germanotta, looks like any other young girl in this family picture

Gaga, born Stefani Germanotta, looks like any other young girl in this family picture

The 23-year-old singer, who shunned her natural brunette hair for platinum locks in a bid to make it in the music business, wore a typically outrageous outfit for her appearance on the U.S. TV show - showing she has no intention of returning to her younger look.

Gaga, who had twisted her hair into pointy spikes, wore a black outfit studded with spikes and, at one point, swung a gold, spiked ball on a chain into the windshield of a taxi on the stage.

The singer brandished a medieval-style mace and chain on the show and was sporting a bizarre porcupine-style hairdo

In one photograph the singer, who has now established herself as a fashion icon, poses with her beloved father Joseph Germanotta.

Gaga said despite her determination to become a successful singer, her dad never understood why she had to cavort on stage in skimpy clothes and change her appearance so dramatically.

Gaga also took the opportunity to publicly pledge her support to the victims of the devastating Haiti earthquake.

She told Oprah: 'Haiti is still suffering,. And I was thinking earlier, because I was in New York during 9/11 and I always felt, the level of disaster isn't in the neighbourhood of what is happening in Haiti, but I just remember feeling nobody really understood.

'And I worry that young people don't know enough about what's going on there. I will say today that on the January 24th, the Monster Ball show in New York City, all of the money that I make in ticket sales and merchandise will go to Haiti.

'And on the 24th you can also go onto LadyGaga.com and any merchandise that you buy, the money will go to Haiti.'

The family album photographs show a drastically different person to the one we are used to seeing today

The ever-busy singer cancelled a show in Indiana on Thursday due to 'exhaustion', and has now cancelled a further three shows.

Speaking about the decision to pull out of the performance Gaga wrote on Twitter: 'I've been crying for hours, I feel like I let my fans down 2nite.

'An hour before the (Indiana) show, I was feeling dizzy and having trouble breathing. Paramedics came to take care of me, and told me my heart-rate was irregular -- a result of exhaustion and dehydration.

'I am so devastated. I have performed with the flu, a cold, strep throat: I would never cancel a show just based on discomfort.'

No comments:

Post a Comment